When: November 20-22, 2020
Where: San Antonio Rose Palace
Instructor: Besides being a freestyle designer over the last two decades, Cynthia Collins has designed freestyles at all levels, including PARA and Western Dressage. She is also a freestyle competitor and puts herself and her work in the ring and in front of judges. She knows first-hand what riders are experiencing. She was also a Technical Delegate for many years so she has been able to talk with judges on the latest trends and thoughts for judging freestyles. This has proven to be of great benefit to her clients. She does not sell "stock" freestyles as she believes all freestyles are personalized for each horse and rider. All freestyles are custom. Educational Benefits for both Riders and Auditors:
- Gain a greater understanding of the freestyle process and how freestyles are judged.
- See how the appropriate music can enhance the horse's gaits.
- Observe how choreography is developed based on musical phrases, level, and skill of thehorse and rider.
- Auditors and riders will receive relevant handouts about freestyles.
Cost for Auditors:
- ADA Members – Friday lecture $20; Saturday or Sunday $25, both days $40; all three$50
- Nonmembers – Friday lecture $25; Saturday or Sunday $30, both days $50; all three $65
- Schooling show (in Ring 1) competitors – Friday lecture $10; Saturday or Sunday $10,both days $20; all three $25
Cost for Riders - Must register using paper application on the Education page.
- Friday Lecture - $20
- Two 50-minute sessions: $340 for ADA members, $400 for nonmembers.
- Riders are allowed to have one helper attend the Saturday and Sunday sessions at nocost – groom, videographer, etc.
The riders should be working toward the level of the freestyle, however, they do not need to be completely proficient at that level during the time of the symposium.
IMPORTANT! Auditor and Riders! Bring or mail your Release of Liability Form
See the Education page for more information.